Kyungyong Lee 이경용
Kyungyong Lee is an assistant professor in the College of Computer Science at Kookmin University. His current research topic covers big data platforms, large-scale distributed computing resource manangement, cloud computing, and peer-to-peer systems.
He received the Ph. D. degree in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Florida. At UF, he conducted research about efficient distributed computing resource management with his advisor Dr. Renato Figueiredo in the ACIS lab. Before joining UF, he received B.S. degree from Sungkyunkwan University.
Kyungyong has few industry experiecnes as a software development engineer and researcher.
- Amazon (Web Services). Seattle. WA. USA. (2014 ~ 2016) Software Development Engineer
- In a team of building a next generation deep learning-based product recommendation platform for Amazon e-commerce site
- In a team of building a scalable and fault-tolerant web server framework.
- Hewlett Packard (HP) Labs. Palo Alto. CA. USA (2012 ~ 2014) Research Associate Intern
- distributedR: A package that enables large-scale machine learning using R.
- Interference and priority-aware multiple parallel application scheduling
- Samsung Electronics. Suwon. Korea (2004 ~ 2008) Software Development Engineer
- Developing UPNA/DLNA applications
- ABC2: Autonomic BigData Cloud Computing
- Build an autonomic cloud computing service that abstracts complex infrastructure configurations
- Providing an optimal kernel layer to utilize in a wide range of big-data processing applications
- Using cloud computing service to build cost-efficient and scalable big-data analytics platform
- DeepSpotCloud - Utilizing EC2 GPU spot instances to build cost-efficient deep learning framework
- Efficient and fault-tolerant big data analytics platform pipeline
- Task scheduling considering device heterogeneity (many core devices and GPU) and data locality
- Unified views of diverse processing frameworks
- Version-control of experiments with diverse parameters
Myungjun Son, and Kyungyong Lee, ‘Distributed Matrix Multiplication Performance Estimator for Machine Learning Jobs in Cloud Computing’, IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing 2018, 07/2018 pdf
Sarah Alkharif, Kyungyong Lee, and Hyeokman Kim, ‘LSTM Model to Forecast Time Series for EC2 Cloud Price’, The Fourth IEEE International Conference on Big Data Intelligence and Computing 2018, 08/2018 pdf
Sarah Alkharif, Kyungyong Lee, and Hyeokman Kim, ‘Time-Series Analysis for Price Prediction of Opportunistic Cloud Computing Resources’, The International Conference on Emerging Databases, 08/2017 pdf bib
Kyungyong Lee, Tae Woong Choi, Patrick Oscar Boykin, and Renato Figueiredo, ‘MatchTree: Flexible, Scalable, and Fault-tolerant Wide-area Resource Discovery with Distributed Matchmaking and Aggregation’, Future Generation Computer Systems - The International Journal of Grid Computing: Theory, Methods and Applications (FGCS) - Volume 29, Issue 6, August 2013. link bib
David I. Wolinsky, Panoat Chuchaisri, Kyungyong Lee, and Renato Figueiredo, ‘Experiences with Self-Organizing Decentralized Grids Using the Grid Appliance’, International Journal of Cluster Computing, 06/2013 link bib
Pierre St. Juste, Huengsik Eom, Kyungyong Lee, and Renato Figueiredo, ‘Enabling decentralized microblogging through P2PVPNs’, IEEE Consumer Communications and Networking Conference (CCNC), 2013, pdf bib
Kyungyong Lee, David I. Wolinsky, and Renato Figueiredo, ‘PonD : Dynamic Creation of HTC Pool on Demand Using a Decentralized Resource Discovery System’, In the 21st International ACM Symposium on High-Performance Parallel and Distributed Computing (HPDC 2012), 06/2012 pdf bib
H. Zhao, Z. Yu, S. Tiwari, X. Mao, K. Lee, D. Wolinsky, X. Li and R. Figueiredo, ‘CloudBay: Enabling an Online Resource Market Place for Open Clouds’, In the 5th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Utility and Cloud Computing (UCC 2012), 11/2012 pdf bib
Kyungyong Lee, Tae Woong Choi, Arijit Ganguly, David I. Wolinsky, Oscar Boykin, and Renato Figueiredo, ‘Parallel Processing Framework on a P2P System Using Map and Reduce Primitives’, In the 8th International Workshop on Hot Topics in Peer-to-Peer Systems in Conjunction with IPDPS 2011, 5/2011 pdf bib
David I Wolinsky, Kyungyong Lee, Oscar Boykin, and Renato Figueiredo, ‘On the Design of Autonomic, Decentralized VPNs’, In the 6th International Conference on Collaborative Computing (CollaborateCom 2010), 10/2010 pdf bib
Pierre St. Juste, David I Wolinsky, Kyungyong Lee, Oscar Boykin, and Renato Figueiredo, ‘SocialDNS: A Decentralized Naming Service for Collaborative P2P VPNs’, In the 6th International Conference on Collaborative Computing (CollaborateCom 2010), 10/2010 pdf bib